Failed to get value of type "TBinary" error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tcashon, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcashon

tcashon Registered Member

Hi guys,

Using Acronis True Image Echo Workstation we sometimes get the following error when trying to restore from an archive:

"E000F0002: Failed to get value of type "TBinary" from variant value of type "TEmpty"."

Under the details of the error is the following:

"E000F0002: Failed to get value of type "TBinary" from variant value of type "TEmpty"." (0xF002)
    Tag=0x511E870E2A7A7100"

This happens when I make an full disk archive of one machine, and then boot to the Acronis boot CD on another machine to try to apply the archive. Acronis lets me choose all of the options and lets me choose the archive and disks to restore. This error occurs after clicking "Next" on the Restore Data Wizard when it asks you to choose whether or not to restore another partition.

I have not been able to find why the restore works on some machines and why on some machines this error occurs. Please let me know if you have any insights on this issue.

Trey

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Trey,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

Do the computers on which you are able to perform the recovery and on which the recovery fails belong to the same workgroup? Is there any systematic character?

Also, could you please let me know via PM your license number and e-mail address?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.