Failed to create the scheduled task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mhaxx, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

From some days I get this error from my external HD.. why?

E00640068: Failed to create the scheduled task
    Failed to create the scheduled task. Error #1772 - Server RPC not available..

Please, help!

T.I.A.

Mhaxx

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

Ok, this has solved my problem from Windows, but now I don't know why when I connect my external HD to my PC after boot it doesn't launch Acronic shell before to run Windows XP.

This worked until some days ago, now I formatted the HD and (even if I wait for F11) nothing happens at the start up. I've tried "Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" but sometimes it remains forever of the window "Processing, please wait", or some other times it says this device isn't available at boot! How can it know if I connect it to my PC or not?!

Please, help! I'm confused..

Mhaxx

4. Acronis Support

Hello Mhaxx,

Please notice that activating Acronis Startup Recovery Manager modifies MBR of the system drive regardless of where Acronis Secure Zone is created. So, it's not recommended to create Acronis Secure Zone on an external drive as in case Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is activated and the drive is not present at boot time, the computer might boot with a long delay or not boot at all.

Since you have formatted your drive, the boot component of Acronis Startup Recovery Manager was erased, and it cannot boot. We may recommend you to use Acronis Bootable Rescue Media to perform the operations at boot time. Please see the respective User's Guide for detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

Sorry, now this is the situation:

- HD "A": it contains OS and all my program/data (here is installed TI)
    - HD "B": I formatted and made it Acronis Zone
    - CD: it's a bootable CD created by TI

At the boot, my PC goes to Windows CE (where I can use TI to backup data into HD "B") but if the CD is found then TI starts after boot (where I can use TI to backup data into HD "B"). In other words now I can use TI from Windows XP (HD "A") or CD to backup data (into HD "B").

I can remember before to format HD "B" at the boot if the HD "B" was connected to the PC it asked to me if I wanted to press F11 to access TI: in this way I could use TI without need to insert CD but only pressing F11. How can I restore this chance?

Thanks a lot for your support,

Massimo

6. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

On the other hand..

This is the message TI shows when I try to do bootable my external drive (HD "B") now: "The hard disk you have selected is not available when booting your computer and you will be able to restore data from Acronis Secure Zone located on this drive only after booting of operation system".

Well, but this is true only if external drive isn't connect to the PC! In fact before to format it, it worked in this way:

- if HD "B" connected to the PC, then at the boot it asked to me to press F11..

- if HD "B" not connected to the PC, then at the boot it goes directly to Windows

This was good. Why can't I restore this situation?

Massimo

7. Acronis Support

Hello Mhaxx,

Please notice that when you formatted your drive with Acronis Secure Zone, components of Acronis Startup Recovery Manager that were located there got deleted. You need to reactivate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager for it to work again. Please see the respective User's Guide for detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

I've tried but I got this error: "The hard disk you have selected is not available when booting your computer and you will be able to restore data from Acronis Secure Zone located on this drive only after booting of operation system". And don't know why because I was able to do this before some mounts ago.

Mhaxx

9. Acronis Support

Hello Mhaxx,

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.
    Please keep the drive in question connected and powered on during the boot and report creation process.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

I've tried but at boot you can't load exe from floppy disk (it fails). Let me try again..

Mhaxx

11. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

I believe they are asking you to download the EXE file and put it somewhere, perhaps in a Temp folder, on your computer. Put a blank formatted floppy in the drive. Go to the EXE file and double-click on it. Then follow the Acronis directions. Do not attempt to put the EXE file on the floppy.

12. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2008
  13. Acronis Support

Hello Mhaxx,

Could you please clarify if your second drive was connected and powered on before and during the report creation process? Please also clarify, if your second drive is visible in Windows Drive Management.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

14. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

Oh sorry..

I've performed the test again with the 2n drive powered on: here it is..

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.