Failed to backup file or folder

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by linuxbox, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxbox

linuxbox Registered Member

Hello. I'm using Image Echo Enterprise Server and the issue i'm having is this:

i have two systems on a network. the client system runs windows 2000 and there is a group of audio files in one folder, several hundred megs with hundreds of audio files. well, that folder every few minutes has files added, removed etc etc. it's constantly changing 24 hours a day. this folder is shared on the network..

So on my 2003 server running Image Echo Enterprise Server i setup a task to backup that shared folder, a one time initial full backup of that folder. the problem is that at the end of the running of it, which takes around 30 minutes, i get the following:

Failed to backup file or folder 'W:\Rips\ACCKY3.wav'.
    ##(because the file was in fact removed from that folder while the backup procedure was running, no way of stopping that)##
    Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)
    function = "GetFileAttributesW",
    filename = "\\?\W:\Rips\ACCKY3.wav"
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE213
    The system cannot find the file specified (0xFFF0)
    code = 80070002)
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF: Retry/Ignore/Cancel

Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)
    function = "GetFileAttributesW",
    filename = "\\?\W:\Rips\ACCKY3.wav"
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE213
    The system cannot find the file specified (0xFFF0)
    code = 80070002)
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF

Operation has completed with errors.

--and of course the backup fails and there is no backup.tib file left. the destination for the backup.tib is simply on another 2003 server sitting right next to this one and it has an external 1 terabyte USB drive which is shared and i have it designated as the backup device basically.
    So, the question now is: Is there a way around this? There's nothing i can do about the files in that folder i'm trying to backup being removed/added while the backup is going on.

thanks and any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello linuxbox,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

What is the amount of the files that you tried to backup? Acronis True Image runs out of system resources on the machine when backing up thousands of files.

As a workaround, try running separate backup tasks, so that the amount of files in a onetime backup will be reduced.

Backup of the whole hard disk drives or partitions should run successfully regardless of the amount of files on the disks. The issue is only with the file backup.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.