Failed Image

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by radman3d, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radman3d

radman3d Registered Member

I setup an image and then it asked to reboot. The computer never rebooted, it locked up before the windows booting screen. Now when I boot I get a seletion screen of where I want to boot from: A drive, Windows system, Linex... The only one that works is Windows system and the computer boots up fine after I select that one. I want the selection screen gone, how do I get rid of it?

This is a Windows 7 machine BTW.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Open paragon main window, click on the Disk ( not a partition) and select Update mbr. Apply.

3. radman3d

radman3d Registered Member

I uninstalled the program. I'm not adverse to reinstalling it as long as it stays out of my mbr. Is there a way to fix my mbr without reinstalling the program?

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

If you let the paragon program flip into boot time mode - it will write that boot menu to the drive.

It is removed on successful completion of the operation.

Since it didn't complete (very likely because paragon was not certain it was safe to proceed - it is very cautious) , the boot menu remained.

You can overwrite the boot menu code with any app that rewrites mbr executable code.

If you are on windows 7, press F8 to get the built in winre to boot, go to command prompt, and type:

bootsect /nt60 all /mbr

then press enter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.