Facebook Slammed Again Over Privacy

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Searching_ _ _, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Facebook_slammed_again_over_privacy

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I don't really know what people want. Mark has made it crystal clear, out of his own mouth, that privacy is not one of his priorities, in fact, it's his last priority. Another thing is, there is no "need" for Facebook, Twitter, or any other social service like there is for email and other such things. No one HAS to use Facebook. It makes great publicity for the EFF and these other groups, but they simply aren't needed in this fight because absolutely no one is getting Facebook shoved down their throats.

This isn't government sneaky business or control, it isn't a website that is a wolf in sheeps' clothing, or anything of the sort. It's plain and simple an optional service no one has to use, and the company itself is not hiding behind anything. They have pointed out time and time again they want to and WILL share your data with whomever they see fit.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Because the site is popular, maybe a change in priorities would make the site even more successful.

4. snowdrift

snowdrift Registered Member

5. hugsy

hugsy Registered Member

I hate FB and everything that collects even my "user agent data" but i have to agree with dw426, you are not forced to use it, nor it is sneaking up on you, people sing up, they put on their intimate lives for everyone's amusement and then wonder what happened. My suggestion would be, delete your FB account, no FB no problems.

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It certainly is, but, just as Myspace fell, and as Twitter is slowing down rapidly, Facebook will suffer the same fate in the next couple of years. Heck, the privacy issue alone very likely has someone already working on its replacement. It's just the nature of social networking on the internet, they rise, they fall.

As far as priorities, look at everything the man has done when he started feeling heat. He tweaks a little here and there to appease, dabbing a bit of perfume over the stench, then, a few months down the road, he's back to full throttle again until the next "patriot" starts preaching to the public about how bad he and his service is, and how "they're gonna fight for your rights, darnit!".

The process just repeats itself over and over, and the EFF and all of their counterparts eat up the good publicity like candy.

7. Dude111

Dude111 Registered Member

Ya and a BETTER ATTITUDE!!!!

That loser doesnt care about anyone,I AM QUITE AMAZED HOW MANY PPL WILLINGLY GIVE OUT THIER INFO THERE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.