F11 key already assigned.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ed Chait, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Chait

Ed Chait Registered Member

I've run into the same issue of some registry cleaners being too aggressive and some not aggressive enough.

I've been using System Mechanic 6 exclusively for the past few months to clean my registry and perform other utility tasks and have been very happy with it. JV Powertools also works well, but it removes a registry entry that supports my scanner, and then I have to reload my scanner driver.

System Mechanic 6 is stable and works well. The only issue I had with it is that I used it to "deep clean" my system and it erased all my internet cookies, which was not a good thing. I have since learned how to protect the cookies I don't want deleted.

Ed Chait

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

There was recently a post on Wilders Security (maybe in the Ewido section, I'm not sure) were somebody mentioned that System Mechanic 6 deleted some of his shared .DLLs and he got his money back for that reason. I have no experience of my own on this, but wanted to let you know - for what it's worth.

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

There's only two SAFE ways to use a registry cleaner:

1.Do not use it.
    2. Do not let it take any actions without your first viewin the proposed action and authoring that th eaction subsequently be taken. If you do not understand the effect of the action, the do not allow the cleaner to make the change.

Heck, even MSFT cannot produce a 100% safe cleaner, do you really want to trust the others to not mangle things?

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

As far as I understood the post I'm referring to, it happened during files cleaning, not registry cleaning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.