F-Secure's Firewall - Any Good?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by pvsurfer, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I'm considering F-Secure's Client Security Suite to protect the 2 PCs in my home office. F-Secure's AV seems to have a very good reputation, but other than what I can read on F-Secure's site, I haven't heard anything about Client Security's Firewall (nor the AS for that matter).

Any feedback would be most appreciated. ~pv

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

About the Spy/Adware protection (detection) I can be short, that's exellent... Why? Because it's using Ad-Aware engine and database...

The firewall, I didn't see any in-depth reviews of it, but I've been using it for a couple years without any problems... That's all I can tell you :)

3. WOW :)

WOW :) Guest

its very very good firewall
    its stop many leaktest software
    firewall in F-Secure's Client Security 6 is beeter than F-Secure's Client Security 5.55

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Hey guys, thanks for your inputs - sounds pretty positive!

StyleWarz, I recall that you are/were a user of McAfee's firewall. How would you compare F-Secure's firewall to McAfee's?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

@pvsurfer
    Yes I've tested McAfee Desktop Firewall a couple months. I would rate them in the same category, both are easy to use, and won't drag ram with P2P programs. Both have their own pro's and con's.

One thing I like about them both is their tight integration with the AV's, so they can used by blocking viruses calling outside, (MyDoom was such right?)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.