F-Secure's Firewall - Any Good?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by pvsurfer, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I'm considering F-Secure's Client Security Suite to protect the 2 PCs in my home office. F-Secure's AV seems to have a very good reputation, but other than what I can read on F-Secure's site, I haven't heard anything about Client Security's Firewall (nor the AS for that matter).

Any feedback would be most appreciated. ~pv

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

About the Spy/Adware protection (detection) I can be short, that's exellent... Why? Because it's using Ad-Aware engine and database...

The firewall, I didn't see any in-depth reviews of it, but I've been using it for a couple years without any problems... That's all I can tell you :)

3. WOW :)

WOW :) Guest

its very very good firewall
    its stop many leaktest software
    firewall in F-Secure's Client Security 6 is beeter than F-Secure's Client Security 5.55

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Hey guys, thanks for your inputs - sounds pretty positive!

StyleWarz, I recall that you are/were a user of McAfee's firewall. How would you compare F-Secure's firewall to McAfee's?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

@pvsurfer
    Yes I've tested McAfee Desktop Firewall a couple months. I would rate them in the same category, both are easy to use, and won't drag ram with P2P programs. Both have their own pro's and con's.

One thing I like about them both is their tight integration with the AV's, so they can used by blocking viruses calling outside, (MyDoom was such right?)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.