F-Secure

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Motherroad, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

Just wondering if there are any longtime users of F-Secure here. If so how well has it served you as far as protection goes? I am now Beta testing 2013 and it seems to run well. Thanks for any comments.

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

F-secure is one of the best. If you like it and it runs well on your machine then you will be well kept by it. Feel free always to try other software, for me F-secure is a good choice and has a very good reputation in the world of security software and marketing.

3. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

Not to many replys on the subject. I wonder if it is just to simple for Wilders members. I like how it runs but it is a simple program compared to some. Just hope the protection is good.

4. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

The protection is very good because they licensed BitDefender's engine. F-Secure is a dual engine just like GData.

GData - BitDefender & Avast engine
    F-Secure - BitDefender & In-house engine

5. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

That's because everything you need to know about the product is in my post. :p

6. pianistaPL

pianistaPL Registered Member

F-Secure is IMO one of the best security program. Very good detection thanks to Bitdefender engine and amazing DeepGuard, which can block for example Ransomware virus. Very easy to use and quite light. Version 2013 Beta is amazing - new Browsing Protection supports all browsers. Renewed DeepGuard, enchanced cloud and new firewall. Looks very, very good. I'm waiting for v2013 Final.

7. Amin

Amin Registered Member

is there an offline installer for 2013 ?

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have used it in the past, and like it. It is difficult to find a good deal, however.

Jerry

9. pianistaPL

pianistaPL Registered Member

Unfornotunately not, but i'll write this idea to F-Secure. Offline installer should be...

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

F-secure is a great product. IMO the only downside is the installation size due to the bitdefender engine.

11. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

Testing out F-Secure again and find it to be at least as good as Kaspersky & BD.

The main issue I have is the annual renewal price which seems high compared to competitors.

12. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

F-secure 2013 uses windows firewall instead its own firewall... how good is it ?

13. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

F-Secure's 'DeepGuard' has a list of trusted applications which is updated by F-Secure.

Anything that isn't trusted will result in a message asking whether it is OK for the application to run. I've only seen the message once or twice so far. I like it.

14. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I used it for a year. Got a good deal from ebay.

Protection/usability wise, it's much better than buggy Bitdefender. At the moment, it's lagging behind Kaspersky.

Overall, Kaspersky and F-Secure are the best for me.

15. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

In the past I have also gotten some good deals on ebay, but not lately. Wish I could find a really good deal, but it is priced out of my market considering several other excellent AVs.

Jerry

16. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Any news on the performance and usability of the 2013 version?

I just read on their website yesterday that it's releasing on sep. 13th.

One more thing: they must change their GUI now. It's the same every year. It's getting on my nerves now. Seriously.

17. lodore

lodore Registered Member

what is wrong with their GUI?
    I prefer that they dont change their GUI often. Other vendors change their GUI every year for no reason which always introduces bugs. I think it is better than f-secure are more focused on security than cosmetics.

18. Sher

Sher Registered Member

A little bit of something must be changed, if not every thing. Each year, it looks identically the same. A change is always nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.