F-Secure

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hawaianblue_, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawaianblue_

hawaianblue_ Registered Member

Hello all,

I m newbie on this forum,
    i have some question about F-Secure product, how do you thing about F-Secure.

And if compare F-Secure with other AV (Kaspersky, MCAfee, Norton, Bit Defender, Trend Micro) what the strong point of F-Secure.

I need your opinion about this product.

Thank You all
    Best regard
    hawaianblue_

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i love f-secure and have had a few licences with them in the past,

their detection is fantastic as it uses kasperskys engine and is designed well.

heuristics: it uses its own plus norman sandbox's
    HIPS: norman sandbox of course which i think worked a treat

its a bit more 'system heavy' than kaspersky, but i do prefer it over kaspersky, and it is cheaper too. (no offers)

hope that helps, you wont be dissappointed with protection that f-secure offers, you will be secure :)

----------
    p.s.

but dont forget to give the dr.web a try :)

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

you will be secure with f-secure but you will hate having the whole army with you when ever you use the pc to even just go to the safest locations:D .
    try dr web nod32 and kaspersky and bitdefender.
    lodore

4. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Yes, it can be a tad heavy at times but it is a lot better than Norton and McAfee IS's. I have tried Kaspersky but I like FS's "feel" better. That is why it is great to have choices, you can choose anything that rocks your boat :)

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yes f-secure feels alot more secure, also... if you have a decent machine, no suite or antivirus should matter with usage etc etc

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

What the hell is with all the software lately!?!!? Whatever i install it has to force some freakin crappy localized version which i DON'T WANT for crying out loud. I just installed ENGLISH F-Secure 2007 and what i got? A freakin slovenian localized junk. Geez i hate this crap. Of course there are no settings to change the language to english and translation is a complete rubbish. Why that doesn't surprise me at all...

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

Ok, managed to trash the thing by deleting Localized folder. However, some parts are still in slovenian language grrrrr.

Is F-Secure 2007 really using KAV+Norman ? About message seems to say so. Looks like they polled it off nicely. It's fast and doesn't really use much resources. Apart from stupid localization i really like it.

8. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Yes, Norman is part of DeepGuard along with Adaware and Blacklight (for rootkit detection) as my understanding goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.