F-secure question?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Jerry-Guire, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry-Guire

Jerry-Guire Registered Member

So f-secure has conflicts with some antispyware?

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have never heard that before. I use F-Secure internet security and it has it's own antispyware so I don't run any other AS.

3. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Yes, when I loaded F-Secure Internet Security Suite the other day, it detected either AdAware or SpyBot and told me I had to remove it before the installation could proceed. I cannot remember which one it was but I definitely had to stop the installation and remove the other program before continuing.

The same thing happened when I was trying out Norton Internet Security 2006. It had me remove one of the two programs above first. Norton wanted one gone and F-Secure the other. I just cannot remember which program didn't like AdAware and which didn't like Spybot.

This is what happens when you try out about seven or eight different security/av products in about three weeks. You cannot remember anything about any of them other than they did not work for you.

4. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Don't worry about it.Just re-install your spyware applications after your done installing F-secure.There aren't any conflicts.You won't need Lavasoft, because that is what F-secure's antispyware is based on.The only conflicts i've had is with some of the HIPS programs like Prevx1 and Cyberhawk.Got along good with Online Armor though.

5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

F-Secure conflicts with Webroots Spysweeper.

6. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Not here!.

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Ditto!!;)

8. Ned Slider

Ned Slider Registered Member

As the AS included with F-Secure is a rebranded licenced version of AdAware, there's no need or reason to have AdAware installed too. AdAware (as should F-Secure's version) runs fine alongside Spybot S&D.

Ned

9. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Thanks Ned. I didn't know that and it certainly explains why I had to remove AdAware when installing F-Secure. I guess that also means that Norton Internet Security required me to remove Spybot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.