F-Secure "Nightmare" and True Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by petrus2, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petrus2

petrus2 Registered Member

I am "recovering" from a nightmare that started when I installed a trial version of F-Secure Internet. It fouled up many things on my computer. The first conflict was with ZoneAlarm which stopped working. My system restore (Windows XP) would no longer restore to a restore point and my Acronis True Image will now not allow me to restore an image. I have solved the first two problems and I just wanted to see if anyone here had experience the problem I am now having with True Image. When I try to restore an image, I get the following error message:

E000101F4 Acronis True Image has not found any disk drives.

I can EXPLORE an image but I cannot perform a RESTORE. I am going to contact support on this issue. I just wanted to check here first.

2. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

F-Secure has a build-in firewall, and because ZoneAlarm is a firewall too the cause of the conflicts are clear: trying to install 2 firewalls means BIG TROUBLES!!!

You can screw up everything, and in your case it really happens.

Have you already tried to do a restore with the Acronis Boot-CD?

Ciao,

Smokey

3. petrus2

petrus2 Registered Member

I have tried to do a restore with the Acronis Boot-CD, but for some reason my system locks up during the beginning of the process where True Image is loading. I have even created a new TI boot CD, but with the same results. There is probably something still wrong with my system somewhere. I just have to find out where. True Image worked perfectly before this episode. I have submitted a support request to Acronis. Maybe the system report I sent then will provide a clue. In the meantime, I am still "poking around" to see if I can isolate the cause of this problem.

I have definitely learned a valuable lesson here.

4. uglyrooster

uglyrooster Guest

I have the same problem, do you have any solution?

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, petrus2

Is the HDD you are trying to restore to recognize in the BIOS on boot up, if not ckeck the connectors and jumpers.

That's the only thing I can think of as to why TI will not see a HDD, or it is not set to auto in the BIOS, also if it is an ARRAY some some kind.

Sorry I can not be of more help.
    TheQuest :cool:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

If you submitted the request to our Support team - be sure you will get a response quite soon and most likely after all the needed infomation is gathered - the problem will be solved.

Thank you.

--
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com

Acronis Support Department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... Compute With Confidence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.