F-Secure Internet Security 50% off

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kinwolf, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

If you go on f-secure webstore and choose the US international store, you'll get F-Secure for 39.95 instead of the regular 79.90.

Funny thing(or not), the canadian store list F-Secure at 92$ canadian even though we are at par with the US dollar. o_O

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

that is a very good deal and it is for 3 users.

3. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I bought it this morning. After a lengthy installation and high CPU usage, it settled down and is now running as light as Avira, Dr. Web, or Nod32. This was not my previous experience with this program, I had a 2008 trial a few months ago, and it slowed down my computer. Not so this time. If the "lightness" continues, this will turn out to be a super deal.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

do a defrag after install and keep the settings at normal. It really will provide a heck of alot of protection and Matousec gave its firewall a good rating, compared to alot of others. It has HIPS and solid rootkit detection. I like the ability to right click on tray icon and run either a spyware or rootkit scan fairly quick. Web scanning is as fast as any others you can put it up against. Yeah, it is a solid suite.

5. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Thanks for the information. I like this suite a lot so far.

6. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I use it occasionally but always seems a bit slow to boot in vista. I will try it again since I installed Sp1 last night, I think it's one of the better suites...

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

its a bit slow at boot, but definatly one ofthe better suites, probably the most secure.

However, I don't agree with leaving all on normal, being an ex-customer and for so many years, I would say set everything to high but keep your resident shield set to defined files.

Enjoy ;)

8. JimGoo

JimGoo Guest

Hi CSJ,

Has F-Secure been prone to miss "nasties" when allowed to run with its default-install settings? I'm only asking because I would like to optimize the program without adding a potential for system sluggishness.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Jim

9. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I went to the F-Secure site to check things out. I navigated through their site with on problems, until I clicked on the Click To Downloads link to download a trial version of their internet security software. It's been 5 minutes now, and the page hasn't loaded yet. Can someone check the site out to see if you have the same problem?

EDIT.......I went to Major Geeks, and got the download.

10. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I got an email from F-Secure today that offered that promotional price of $39.95. I clicked on the link and saw the order form for that price and I then went to shut the window down. When I did this a pop-up appeared saying something like "Don't leave yet, would you like F-Secure for free?". So I canceled the window closure and then it informed me that I can get FS for free by using TrialPay.

I have heard of this but this is the first time I ran across it. Basically if you sign up for a trial from a list of vendors you get whatever product you was interested in for free. This vendor will pay for the item you was looking at. I chose LifeLock (identity protection) for a month trial. Once I signed up I got an email from TrialPay with my free F-Secure key.

I tried the Technology Preview back in November but it was slow as molasses on my computer. I will see if this is any better.

11. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Sounds like a nice e-mail.
    Where did you get that from?

12. midway40

It came from F-Secure with the heading of "Securely filing your taxes this year!". It gave some tips on tax filing security and then mentioned the $39.95 offer.

I just installed it on both of my machines and now tweaking it (had to remember how because it has been a while since I used F-Secure). So far not too bad, definitely better than the Tech Preview.

Won't be able to play with it too long right now as it is midnight here and 6AM comes early in the morning (yawn).

13. curiousmicrobe

curiousmicrobe Registered Member

Excellent product. I've been very interested in purchasing F-Secure for a long time. Now with the new price. I've just purchased. Thanks for the heads up. :eek:

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

change the currency to Indian Rupees and get the suite for $21.00 USD as I just did.:cool:

15. mllopes

mllopes Registered Member

Does the license time starts when i download the program or when i install it?

16. 337

337 Registered Member

Do this through the US site or the India site to get rupees?

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

:thumb: Just do what the top post says and then change currency to Indian Rupees. Really good deal.

18. 337

337 Registered Member

Thanks!! Also what engines are they using now?:thumb:

19. midway40

Before I went to bed last night I started full computer checks on both machines. This morning I checked them to see the results. The laptop was ok, only a few cookies discovered. But on the desktop it had scanned a little over 2k of files and then fssm32.exe closed.

While I had no problems with fssm32 with XP, it seems like it doesn't get along well with Vista. The last time I tried it this process used a lot of CPU. Clearly they have some more work to do with this process.

20. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

it works perfectly on vista.

21. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

It works on XP

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

working on Vista and XP for me. For 20 bucks, it can burp all it wants.;)

23. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

I uninstalled FS for the same reason...
    Using Vista the startup (time until FS open and system be ready to use) is very slow...
    I'll try again after SP1 too (only june in Brazilian Portuguese)...
    When I was using XP it's ok and no slowdown...

24. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

I agree...

I like F-Secure but a process using 100% of CPU or a lot of memory is unusable.

25. midway40

Maybe it is just me but I don't like the idea of security software "burping" on me. For all I know my computer was unprotected for six hours.

tiagozt, SP1 Wave 1 will be released April 9th which includes Portuguese (Brazil):

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1206132&postcount=24

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.