F-Secure Internet Security 2014 - Final

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Macstorm, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

F-Secure Internet Security 2014

Complete protection for surfing, shopping, banking and using social media. F-Secure Internet Security protects your digital content and you with real-time protection against malware, hackers and identity theft. Your online transactions are secured with banking protection, and you and your children are protected against harmful and unsavory web sites.

Customers with valid subscription key: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/installers

Free 30 day trial: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/internet-security#trial

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! Macstorm...many thanks for the heads up! Think I'll try the 30 day test drive. Sincerely...Securon

3. Securon

Good Evening! Well...unfortunately the test drive ended up in a ditch! After downloading...the installer reached the 79% complete when a message popped up stating installation failed...no reason given...just SOL...not impressed...but everyone deserves a proverbial second chance. Benefit of Doubt Time...removed AppGuard and Wsa Security Plus...ran the installer again...same result. I'm getting Sick and Tired of apps that can't be engineered to co-exist with competitors apps...so long F-Secure Potential Revenue... Source Failed. Sincerely...Securon

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

" Your online transactions are secured with banking protection"

What does it have that does that? I had it on my laptop, having taken advantage of the 1 year free offer, but am not aware of anything like the Safepay of BD or Safe Money of KIS.

Thanks,
    Jerry

5. entropism

entropism Registered Member

I've been using the beta, and like it a lot. Light, seems to work well, tests show detection is excellent. Can't wait to download the final release.

6. Macstorm

Securon, I'm not sure with your case but the F-Secure suite had becomed very picky with other security apps and refuse to coexist with them. The strange thing in your case is that installation stops out of the blue, the installer normally warns you of incompatibilities prior to run the full installation :blink: Anyway, I would blame it on the other sec. apps that you have installed.

Jerry, the "Banking Protection" feature comes only in the Internet Security version. A "protection" flyer is displayed at the top of the browser every time a bank's website is accessed to notice you that BankingProtection is on.

7. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

Hi Jerry,
    The following is a pdf showing frequently asked questions regarding banking protection. I hope it answers your question.

-http://www.f-secure.com/en/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=605e4997-cdb3-4434-85a7-74c310d7df43&groupId=20893-

8. javagreen

javagreen Registered Member

I love F-Secure for it's DeepGuard HIPS. It' much much smarter and capable, than say, Bitdefender's HIPS. The only 2 security suites I let anywhere near my main computer are Bitdefender IS/TS and F-Secure IS/Client Security. My BD IS license is expired gonna wait until I find a discounted deal for it..

Bitdefender = Brute Force protection = works every time
    F-Secure = Intelligent, smart protection = works each time

Both of these suites are A++ in my books, so I use either of them on my main PC. I'm using NIS on my other computer, it seems.... weak.

9. Securon

Good Afternoon! Macstorm...as I said I removed my existing apps...and it still wouldn't install. Anyhow it's all water under the bridge...to quote Buzz Light Year...To Infinity and Beyond...Lol! Sincerely...Securon

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I am still surprised that f-secure doesn't improve its engine to the point where a third-party engine is not needed alongside their engines. I also feel that bitdefender really need to redesign their engine to use less disc space. most of the disc space used by f-secure is the bitdefender engine.

11. Macstorm

Securon, too bad to hear that, I hope I don't run into problems when I install FSIS 2014 later. I have GDAV 2014 installed atm.

Lodore, I agree. After all these years F-Secure using 3rd party technology, I also wonder why they haven't been able to develop their own engine.

12. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

imo every year av's get dumbed down more and more. drives me crazy and i just hope not everyone will go that way.

13. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

installed the av. super light and fast. virtually no impact on performance and internet speed. I am very impressed.

14. entropism

entropism Registered Member

My only disappointment was that I joined the beta program for the 6 month free subscription key... Little did I know that the "Key" was including time spent in beta. Just seems a bit cheap to me.

15. oliverjia

LOL
    to make it up to you no behalf of F-Secure, here is a free 1 year F-Secure AV 2014 licence. No strings attached. Plain and simple. Download the installer and install. You'll get 1 year free AV 2014.
    -http://download.sp.f-secure.com/SE/Retail/installer/2/F-SecureNetworkInstaller_AV2013-5XZWR-H89Z4-P3S6H_.exe"]http://download.sp.f-secure.com/SE/Retail/installer/2/F-SecureNetworkInstaller_AV2013-5XZWR-H89Z4-P3S6H_.exe-

Regards,
    oliverjia

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
  16. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

isnt it for FAV 2013 ? does it works for 2014 ?

17. oliverjia

It worked at the time I posted, but now I received PM that the installer is not working anymore.
    When it worked it installed AV 2014 despite the installer said 2013.

Anyway, the promotion appears to be over.

18. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

The new version of F-Secure IS is pretty decent. Noticeably less drain on resources.

The downside would be that the banking module can be quite annoying if left with the out of the box settings.

19. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered Member

Running a 30 trial of F-Secure Internet Security. It was nice that I didn't have to remove any programs to install the suite :thumb: ...This is one security suite I can handle w/ high detection and low on system resources...REFRESHING...

20. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

So, two thumbs up? No slowdowns at all?

Also, I was comparing F-Secure Internet Security and F-Secure Antivirus and didn't see DeepGuard mentioned in the antivirus. Is there no DeepGuard in F-Secure Antivirus?

21. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  22. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Not as fast as the present Norton offerings but running pretty light here. But as with all security software this may depend on your hardware/software mix.

Overall it is a lot better performance wise compared to the older versions (F-Secure 2011 and back) which were heavy in real-time.

I think it is better than its performance rating in the latest av-test.org.

23. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered Member

I would give this puppy :thumb: :thumb: up no problem...No AV is perfect but when you can do a full scan and surf your butt off and watch videos w/ no slow downs that impresses me...

24. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Personally I never do anything else while doing a scan to leave as much system resources available as possible. :)

25. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

It's just mind-blowing how far it's come in terms of lightness without missing a beat at anything else (unlike another brand I could mention). Respect. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.