F-Secure Internet Security 2005 Opinions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by MaLaKiOs, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaLaKiOs

MaLaKiOs Registered Member

Hi to all ,
    I just downloaded F-Secure Internet Security 2005 in order to give it a try.
    From what i can see its looks that its quite good , both its antivirus and its firewall.
    Of course its still at a beta stage and its causing some trouble.
    I would just like your opinion about this product, if you used it before on an earlier version or if you tried 2005 version.
    Thanks.

2. MaLaKiOs

MaLaKiOs Registered Member

Sorry for this . This post is in the wrong place.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

No it is in the right place, you did it right.

4. kerano

kerano Guest

I was one of beta testers for 2004 version and I won a 1 year of subscription! \

Thanks f-secure!

New version would be more than just antivirus! Current version still using an old updated KAV engine and its unable to clean or delete some of viruses which KAV5 remove easly so I hope in new version they would include new engine.

I think f-secure with Kav will still be the best protection available today!

5. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I just downloaded the fsis today. Does anyone know what kav engine this is? I'm guessing that it's not kav5 judging by the speed and lack of ads streams left behind. It also claims to use heuristic scanning which I didn't know that the kav engine used, unless fsecure adds their own. Seems like a decent package so far (as far as all-in-one packages go).

6. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Yeah, F-Secure uses it's own heuristic engine, as well as an additional sig-based engine made by F-Secure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.