F-Secure Internet Security 2004

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by router, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. router

router Registered Member

What do you guys think about this program ? What about the built-in firewall ? is it really good ?

Also, is it true that F-Secure Antivirus conflicts with many firewall softwares and will cause them to freeze ? If so, which firewalls will not conflict with F-Secure Antivirus ?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

There was a recent thread on this over at DSL Reports. Sounds like you have to make sure in configuration that two firewalls aren't active at once. Without running through the install program myself, I'm not sure of available options during the installation. It could be that everything is enabled on restart, after which time you can disable components, which would make it necessary to verify that existing firewalls are fully disabled and/or uninstalled before an F-secure installation. I'd ignore the strongly negative comments in the thread I mentioned above, sounds like user configuration was at the root of the major problems.

There was another F-secure thread here . As with KAV and NAV, some users report large resource footprint with F-secure, others don't seem to have a problem.

All in all, seems like a very reasonable choice.

Blue

3. John_G

John_G Registered Member

When i was trialing differant AV's I tryed installing just the AV part of
    F-Secure whilst having my Sygate Pro firewall still installed and got a BSOD on reboot.
    Had to uninstall Sygate.

One of the main reasons F-Secure got checked off my list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.