F-Secure Client Security slowness

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Galahad, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galahad

Galahad Guest

I decided to try the latest F-Secure Client Security, but am facing some odd slow-downs. (AthlonXP 2000+, 512mb RAM) I believe it's some kind of conflict as this behavior has never been witnessed even with the heaviest scanner. (the firewall component was not installed). Running any program takes atleast 5 (may go up to 10-15 seconds) to load. Everything from IE, to Task Manager, to even a 264kb time synchronizer has a 5-10 second delay before it's loaded. Browsing with IE takes a few seconds before there is a response. Unloading F-Secure seems to do the trick (as it is the culprit apparently). Only other AVs on are NOD32 (completely disabled), and KAV5 (also disabled). Has anyone ever seen anything similar to this? (also disabled Outpost to be sure, but not the conflict)

2. liang_mike

liang_mike Registered Member

I am using F-Secure Client Security. It works perfectly. :D

To be honest, I don't know what is going on on your computer, but I would try to uninstall all other AV.

3. kloshar

kloshar Registered Member

I have same computer as you and I use F-secure Client Security. Works with no problem.

4. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

With the two responses reporting no problems it does indeed seem like a conflict of the software kind.
    After you have investigated that, another thing to consider is that you may be able to tweak the resident scanner to ignore 'said' software (providing you find the culprit!)
    I have used various flavours of 'f-secure' before and whilst they couldn't be described as 'lean' they certainly weren't hungry.

Please post any findings.

:)
    Kev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.