F-Secure Anti-virus issues...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kielty, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I have been running NOD32 V2.5 and Zonealarm Pro 6 (paid) and all has been well. My subscription to NOD32 is coming up and I have heard relatively good things about F-Secure AV. I have tried to install the trial version but my PC crashes everytime i boot after the software installs and requests a reboot to finish the installation. Does anyone know of any compatibility issues between these bits of software?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

You mean NOD32 and F-Secure? As usual, the recommendation is to pull any AV when trying another.

Blue

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am running F-secure IS 2006 and haven't found any conflicts. But I am not running zonealarm either. and don't try to run two av's at the same time

4. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

Sorry, i wasn't very clear. I have uninstalled NOD32 and tried to install F-Secure Anti-virus 2006 trial...

F-Secure doesn't seem to get along very well on my system.

I also use Acronis True Image and had to use the rescue cd and revert my hard drive to a previous state before F-Secure messed things up.

Anyone any idea why?

5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I've used it for 2 years now and its been very stable.Its definition updates are seemless.All i can say is there is something there or reminents of something conflicting.I've mixed in Kerio no problems.I did have one lockup when i rebooted after installing the new prevx 1.Prevx claims to protect against everything so it must use something that F-secure also uses.Not sure, other than this, stable and a few days ago, purposely let a trojan loose to test F-secure and i must say," it passed with flying colors".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.