F-Secure Announces New Technology Preview Beta Program

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jason_jiang, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason_jiang

jason_jiang Registered Member

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Hopefully this version of DeepGuard plays nice with PrevX SOL. They never responded to any of my false positive emails or trouble shooting ticket requests and its been about 3 weeks to a month.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

strange, they responded to the 2 FP's i sent in within less than 30 minutes

4. Hippocrates

Hippocrates Registered Member

F-Secure is an excellent piece of software in terms of detection.... too bad it's a bit heavy on my computer and full system scan always get stuck somewhere.

I just tested a trojan dropper which downloaded many malwares to different directories randomly with 3 major internet security softwares, including F-Secure. They all didn't detect it and let it do its nasty stuffs. But for F-secure, after the dropper downloaded a couples of malware, it decided that the dropper was unsafe and blocked it. Subsequent scan of the dropper found it as a threat. While the other 2 just kept downloading n giving alert on the downloaded malwares continuously without blocking the trojan dropper in the first place.

Too bad.... I have to remove F-secure due to compatibility issues with my computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.