f-prot

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

aha, frisk software have recruited a new sales agent too :D
    i hope you get a commission :p

2. gates

gates Registered Member

Yes Inspector I just checked my e-mail and I must say that I rolled my eyes for a while. What a lovely support. I will certainly recomend f-prot for all my friends

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

It is not possible to decompile VB 6 into its original source.

4. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

Of course it is!

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I just received an e-mail from F-PROT sales. They said that I can get two years of license by buying a new one, and then renew it to get one more year. :D

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

A number of posts totally unrelated to the F-prot program discussion at hand were removed.

For those wishing to discuss programming languages....feel free to do that in a more appropriate forum\thread.

Thanks,
    Bubba

7. Cap'n Kirk

Cap'n Kirk Registered Member

:rolleyes: I just renewed mine on 7/3.:'(

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

If it is on this thread then I missed it, but is there a time frame when the beta is expected to be completed, and the new version on the market?

Thanks,
    Jerry

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The present beta is set to last until the end of September. So after this date the full version may be released or they will simply extend the beta-time period again.

It has been very stable here but, as usual, they will only release the gold version when they are ready ;)

Attached Files:

10. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

It's very stable in my home pc too. Hope it will be released soon!! Can't wait to buy a beer for IC. ;)

11. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Just can't understand why a lot of 'experts' here praise this beta so much, as there's hardly any configurability and with Kav/Kis and Nod32, they don't see any problems in configuring it so much, in order to have it running so smooth/light.

12. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

For my part, I am using the beta and I really like it. I am a person who wants to use a good AV program but I don't want to have to spend a lot of time with configuring and fiddling with it. This program is very light on my machine. I had used F-Prot in the past and then went away from it to more feature-rich and configurable programs but I will be going back to it when the new version is released because I long for a straightforward program that does a good job without much intervention from me and I am encouraged now its developement will go in a good direction now that the Mike is there. Just some thoughts from an average home user.

Gary

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

its a shame i cant try it out on my old windows ME system thou. I dont get how you can try it out on windows 2000 but not ME me means 2000 but is the home version

14. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Windows ME is just a poorly rebranded win 98se with a few extra features . Where as Win 2000 is Win NT based.

15. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Fully agree with you, it's a nice and straightforward av scanner and really great for a lot of users. I am just surprised about some known 'experts' here, who are always talking about the great ways of configuring Kav/Kis and/or Nod32 and at the same time praising this 'simple' F-Prot Beta. Whenever I complained about the slowdown of Kav, I always got a reply stating all the possible ways of changing the configurations in order to get a very smooth running Kav. I have said several times, that I don't think it's right to uncheck all kinds of scanning options, just to get the speed right.
    Now F-prot is being tested and seems to be a very simple 'out of the box' scanner and they all speak 'Hallelujah' about it! Is this really meant for the scanner or meant for a certain person developing this scanner?
    Just a thought.....no more, no less!

16. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

HI Blackcat,

Thanks for the reply. I am looking forward to the results of AV Comparatives test on the final product. It has a lot going for it, and I would try it if the detection rates improve significantly.

Since I am using KAV6 and F-Secure, the detection rates would have to be very good for me to change. With Mike there it is sure to be better.

Regards,
    Jerry

17. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Have 'Firefox','Thunderbird' and 'Opera' not been used for years now.It urks me when so many programs still show this narrowmindness.Just like the 'Sitehound' version for Firefox.They,ve been saying it will be available soon for how long now!.

Attached Files:

18. rothko

rothko Registered Member

Yep, aint that the truth! I found out the hard way :rolleyes:

19. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Mine will expire on 02 Oct 2006 :eek:

Attached Files:

20. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The beta subscription key is probably for a fixed time so the license interval will depend upon the date you installed the program ;)

21. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hm...Maybe it is for a period of 90 days, since I first installed it on 04 July 2006.

22. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Actually, in my experience Windows Me was the best, fastest and most stable version of Windows 9x-based kernels ever. :)

F-Prot seems to be shaping up as a really good AV now; with the v4 engine and the new (very nice) UI. :)

23. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

The new GUI can still be improved a bit. The various tabs are sticking quite tight together with no space in between, and it is not easy to see the highlighted tab. Sometimes, I was wondering which tab I was in.

fprot60tabtooclose7yv.jpg

And the scanning window cannot be enlarged. If a file is found to be infected, the path would not be easily seen, especially for long path.

Attached Files:

24. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

As a comparison, the Norman 6 scan window is larger and can be enlarged. The scan window for Command AV is also a separate window which can be enlarged.

Attached Files:

25. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

small is beautiful :D LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.