F Prot trialing & asking for registration #

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

Not sure how to secure the registration to run the trial any help is greatly appreciated...

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

It should automatically download the key when you run the trial version installer. It did for me some time back...:)

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

1. Take a look here first; when you reach the "Get subscription, update and scan my computer" Window, deselect and reboot. The reason for this is that the default scanning action is to disinfect/quarantine files that may be malware or false positives.

2. Then just follow the instructions here to obtain your trial subscription.

By default, the automatic scanners (on-demand and running Guard) will automatically disinfect infected/suspicious files upon detection without user interaction, so you may want to change these settings to "Ask each time/Report only".

4. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

thanks!

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

I tried F-Prot version 6 right after it was released in January 2007. My DrWeb's license was still effective so I just ran F-P for 1 day to see what it looked like, then I uninstalled it.

In May 2007, getting close to the time when my DrWeb license would expire, I wanted to try F-P again, with the goal of possibly buying it. However, F-P insisted that my trial period was expired & refused to let me give it another trial. So I bought a different AV instead of F-P.

I wonder why Frisk makes it difficult to try their product?

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

With all my respect , it isn't FRISK . Lots of vendors do so , I mean it is something in the way they are installed (perhaps MSI, I don't know exactly) . If you have kept the same installer (the one from January) you would have been able to trail the product for the next 29 days . The new install file doesn't allow you because it gathers information you have already had FRISK F-prot installed no matter how (much) you have used it .

All companies can offer their clients Not - for -resale licenses to use temporary and trial their products again , keep that in mind :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  7. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Try sending an email to Frisk support and explain the situation, they may give you another 30 day trial.

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

No problem.

Well worth visiting the official Forum for any queries/potential problems with FPAV 6.

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

I might have done that if Frisk were the only show in town. They aren't.

(I bought licenses for 2 other AVs just a few weeks after my futile efforts to try F-P. No, I don't run both of them simultaneously.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.