F-prot for Dos no longer free?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by infini, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infini

infini Registered Member

I tried to download F-prot for Dos (version 3.14e) from www.f-prot.com, and it asks for customer number. Anybody knows if it is no longer free?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi infini,

It is still free "free personal use", but the site is a little tricky as you work your way from the main page to the actual download link. You just need to follow the right path through the "home user download" section to reach the download page.

From the main page that you linked, be sure to follow from under the "Home Users" column via the link: F-Prot Antivirus for DOS (not the order button below it).

On the next page drop to the bottom under Downloads: F-Prot Antivirus for DOS.

On the next page use the "Home User Download" section, not the one below that asks for customer number, which will take you to this page: http://www.f-prot.com/download/home_user/

That is the main Home user page, where you'd buy F-Prot for Windows or link to the free F-Prot for DOS. In the F-Prot for DOS section it provides a link called "Download F-Prot Antivirus for DOS" which brings you to the final page that displays this:

I figured I'd walk you from page to page rather than just posting a direct download link so everyone would see that it is still free as they tour through those pages.

3. infini

infini Registered Member

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.