F-PROT 6.0.4.1 beta available (released 29 Jun 2006)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Chubb, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi Gary,

There is no public beta for SpySweeper 5.0. The 5.0 beta is only available for 4.0 users and some selected persons or organizations. But the final version of 5.0 is coming. It seems they have cancelled Beta 4, and the final version will be out some time in July, probably in mid July or so.

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Re: F-PROT 6.0.4.2 beta available (released 22 Jul 2006)

F-PROT Beta release version 6.0.4.2 available:

Releases notes

Known issues

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I'll test it soon...anyway it was very buggy...the on-demand scanner was not working for me. :(

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problem here ! :thumb:

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

well, in the old version whenever I right-click something to scan with F-Prot the scanning window appeared with 0 files scanned. :(

6. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

I'm running this alongside NOD32. I found the GUI to look good at first sight, but a bit confusing to navigate through ("difficult" to find the options I was looking for, f.ex. how to set the scanner to only report infections it finds).

Seems F-PROT's heuristics have improved a lot.

By the way, do you have to redownload each beta update? Or does the program download the updated binaries/components through its updater?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Me too, I have already sent them a comment on the UI. The tabs are packed too close to cause confusion, and they are a "general setting" under "Help".

I also run F-PROT along with NOD32, but have resident scanning in F-PROT disabled. Or sometimes, turned on F-PROT resident and turned off NOD32 and vice versa.

The autoupdate downloads the component update automatically, which is great, but you need to reboot after the update. You don't need to update by using the 6.0.4.2 installer.

Right-click scan is OK for me, but I was unable to create a scan report. All the scan report created are of zero bytes and has been reported to the beta team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.