F/P with Webroot SpySweeper

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by dog, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, :)

I checked out Webroot's Spysweeper ...

Returns a False/Positive - from Spyware Blaster Kill Bit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\zonemap\domains\searchsquire.com

Value is 4

Also registers DiamondCS cookie as a tracking cookie.

Sorry, if this is posted in the wrong forum, please move if necessary ... and Sorry if this already a known.

dog - *puppy*

2. I found yet another false positive. It finds "CAX proxy" which turns out to be simply, to be the registry key in IE to use 127.0.0.1 (for proxomitron) as a proxy .

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I tried this app and the first timeI ran it it said four of my win xp pro files were compromised. They were all FP's, needless to say I deleted it right away. ;)

4. dog

dog Guest

Hi BigC, ;)

Yah, it seems to generate a few F/P's, but from reviews ... it's seems to have the best overall detection (this is taken with a grain of salt, I might add) My 3 main antispy scan/detection apps are 1. Spybot 2. Ad-Aware 3. Bazooka ... and just because I'm paranoid the free version of Pest Patrol ( detection, but no removal or quar.) and Spy Sweeper (D/L newer version every month - which has somewhat updated def's) just as back ups.

Actually, although PP and Spy Sweeper have a few F/P ... I kinda like'm both.

Steve - *puppy*

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You are not layering your defences you are stacking them up :D :D :D

6. dog

dog Guest

Your not kidding :D I try everything ... if I listed my backup AV's & At's and never ending list of other useful proggies ... You'd be ROTF LYAO for hours!!! :D Nothing like being Paranoid! ... and funnier yet, I've never been infected with anything, I've left no room to expand ... I've already got everything! LOL :D

Steve - *puppy*

7. justhelping

justhelping Guest

Given that your system is generally very clean, I guess you are just helping Pest Patrol and Spysweeper to detect false positives??

8. dog

dog Guest

Hi Justhelping, ;)

That's the idea ... and in return (with a little investigating) ... they improve their products and I get extra piece of mind ... :D LOL ... it's tuff being paranoid. :D

dog - *puppy*

9. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Already ROFLMFAO..... :D :D :D :D

Check my sig. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.