Eztrust Antivirus 2005

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Honyak, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I am currently running EZTRUST 2005 on my spare comp out of curiosity and wanted to know if anyone has experience with the latest version 7.0.6.7 engine version 11.91?
    This version does have incoming e-mail scanning and the ability to scan packed files, rar, zip, etc. as stated on the website.
    One thing I noticed is it is extremely light.
    Also I have not been able to find much on detection rates by amateurs or individual testers.
    It scores very high at VB100, CHECKMARK and several other independant certifying labs.
    I am not asking for comparisons to NOD32, KAV or others, just general comments on or experience with this AV.

Regards

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I trialed it and noticed right off that it doesn't have very many user settings. but computer associates does make a pretty good av.This one would be alright if you wern't into manually setting up an av.

3. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Yes, I noticed that there are no real advanced settings, gives new meaning to "out of the box". LOL
    It is just so light and after all the other AV's I use and have trialed, it makes me wonder if it is working. Hey, it did detect the eicar in every test. lol!
    I am going to play with it a while then let the kids test it, if it passes their stress test, it may be a keeper.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

one of eTrust's better points is its ability to do a nice cleaning of the registry once malware is detected. KAV is not so good at this, and I dont know about others.

Well, as far as lack of options is concerned, I dont think anyone can beat Panda Titanium...:D

5. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I used the trial (6.2) for 3 months last year, never had a problem. I tried the new version 7 in Jan this year and ended up purchasing it. I needed something that my wife could and would run if there was a problem while I was gone. I find EZAV very stable and I have never had a conflict. I took it off last week to try the NOD Beta 2.5. I uninstalled NOD and reinstalled EZ without a problem, and I hadn't even run a PC cleaner. EZ is just a work horse. It does it's job without much fan fare. I would like to point out that this PC is mostly used for the internet, we use web based email, and no important files are stored on the machine. This is why I did not want to spend a whole lot of money protecting it, as I can format in a few hours. In the 3 months of version 6.2 and 3 months of version 7, I have only had 2 things get by that were picked up by Bitdefender Online Scan, and I think they were both spywares. I am not the safest surfer. However NOD found nothing during the scan last week and I tried the Kaspersky web scanner last night and it came back clean, so EZ must be doing its job.

In closing, I would trust EZ on a machine that was not going to have important files on it, and I would also use one of the free anti-trojans to back it up. It is low cost (I paid $17 Canadian).

If I was protecting a $2000 machine that was used for a home business, I think I would step up to the new NOD or use KAV(but hey that extra money would be a write off then, right ;) LOL)

Take Care,
    Mikel

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  6. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Thanks Mikel108,
    That is the kind of information I am looking for, personal experience.

7. bigc73542

In my opinion you can do better than EZAV. I believe in this order Kaspersky, McAfee then Nod.

8. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Thanks BigC,
    I agree that There are better, but this is for the kids comp which has avast on it but the kids (young and just learning) are a little intimidated by it and I was looking for something that would require little or no user interaction from them.

9. bigc73542

It would probably be about the best for a kids comp that required none or very little intervention. And it still gives a decent amount of protection. all in all a pretty good choice. ;)

10. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

It is a good simple one . You could always take up to Kav online scan once in blue moon just to check .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.