EZ Antivirus or Avast

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by caav, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caav

caav Guest

I know this has been posted MANY MANY times before, but many times, BigC has said that EZ antivirus offers more protection than Avast. Why is this? Doesn't avast score higher in antivirus comparatives? EZ antivirus seems very simple and all. I also read that EZ can only scan incoming e-mails, not outgoing. Maybe that's only for EZ 6.2. I'm not bashing CA, because I'm maybe thinking of replacing it because it runs very light.

2. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I never scan any outgoing mail, with any AV I have used. It seems redundant.

I feel equally secure with either product. I personally would use Avast. as it's free. I purchased EZAV because it is much easier for my wife and kids.

3. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Same here, the kids are much more comfortable with EZAV and it has not let anything get by so far. Avast IMO has better detection but intimidated the kids.

4. Mucker

Mucker Registered Member

Mike108,

If you check msoft security page you can get EZ AV free for 12 months. Just checked and still available-12 months CA AV.

Mucker

5. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Thanks Mucker, but I have already used my free trial up.

6. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Personally I think EZ Antivirus is quite nice. Don't expect high detection rates but it will protect you for common malware, and it does that without hogging your system. It's also very easy to use, even for the biggest computer n00bs :)

7. The Maxx

The Maxx Registered Member

I have used both EZ and avast! and while EZ seems pretty good my pick is for avast! Great support, you always get help on their boards, the people making avast! answers questions, etc. They are always working to make avast! bigger and better.

EZ does seem a lot more easier to use, more simple. So if you need a AV thats simple to use and understand than I guess EZ is the one to pick. Good for kids and grandparents that know very little about things like that. :)

8. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Very true. I intend to load up on my senior parents computer :rolleyes: should they ever get one. :doubt: I use it on my personal machine, I feel any minor "defects" if any are covered by my safe habits. Works like a charm here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.