Extract from archives on Backup Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nistam74, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nistam74

nistam74 Registered Member

Hi people,

I'm new to this forum and a new Acronis True Image Workstation Echo user since yesterday. I will get straight to the point. I installed the Console on my computer and from inside Console i installed the agent on a client computer running XP. I also installed Backup Server on a large file server. I set up the backup locations to a specific folder, i created an administrator profile and from my computer i connected to the client PC and set up a backup task with name TESTBACKUP and immediately executed it. Everything went fine, the backup of 15GB data finished within 15 minutes and that is amazing! 3 files were created on the Backup Server. The files are:

B37371E7-C06E-4038-9A72-37FE3F237697
    68D8BE4F-0D48-47B7-B23F-7CD461A5E38E
    F2BCE15A-2C82-4A70-9ED4-F6E19231E7F4

with no TIB extention. I read that i cannot mount/explore files that reside on the Backup Server. In my opinion this should not happen, but anyway...

I connected to the Backup Server, selected the backup archive with name TESTBACKUP and pressed the Export on top of that. A window poped up that instructed me to "Choose the name of the external archive file:". What kind of file this should be? Is it a file that will be created by the exported data? Is it an existing file?

Anyway, my problem is that i cannot extract files from archives on the Backup Server. I've read the help all the way down, but i haven't a clue. If files cannot be extracted from archives that are on the Backup Server, then i can't use Acronis. Users will be asking to extract a file, and i won't be able to do it, unless i perform a full restore on a temporary hard disk.

Any help?

2. nistam74

Nobody has ever tried to extract files from archives on a Backup Server?? :eek: :eek:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nistam74,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that you can restore separate files from image archives as well. Please see chapter 7.3 "Restoring disks/partitions or files from images" of Acronis True Image Echo Workstation User's Guide.

The prompt "Choose the name of the external archive file:" asks you to choose a name for the .tib archive file, exported from selected Acronis Backup Server archive.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. lausi

lausi Registered Member

Did work for me. Sort files in the archive directory (creation date). Rename the files like "backupfile#.tib", where the '#' is an incremental counter ("1,2,3 ...").

5. nistam74

Thanks. That's nice.

6. lausi

lausi Registered Member

I forgot something: First I copied the files in another directory!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.