Extra settings needed?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cpj, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpj

cpj Registered Member

I have NOD32 running on several machines and never have used the "Extra Settings". Is this a problem? Most of these are friend's computers that I don't have access to all the time. I just loaded up NOD32 and set the updates to run and that is it. I have a couple more to do soon and want to do the best thing. I have never had any problems that I know of.

CPeter

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello .

No , the default settings are OK . They are set to ask the user for confirmation when a malware is found .

Something you can do is to make sure AMON is set to scan for all the crap as shown here and to perform In-Depth analysis regularly ;)

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

And HERE is why I set up the NOD32 Tutorial.

Cheers :D

4. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

"It is also designed to give you a good understanding of NOD32's inner workings, this in turn takes the fear/mystery out of clicking on something within your security program and allows you to explore and adjust NOD32 to your particular requirements" This what is so great about Blackspear's tutorial. Just read through it and even if you don't make any changes (I only changed a few things), you'll really begin to grasp what NOD32 is all about and to really appreciate it too!

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

some threat detection is turned off by a default installation isn't it?

I recommend EVERYONE go through the extra settings thread so they can set it once and forget it... NOD32 needs to do it's job, but it has to have the switched all turned on to do all of it's jobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.