'Extra settings' and download failure

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bilbobaggins, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins Registered Member

I'm very grateful to Blackspear and others for the 'extra settings' guidance, which I implemented step-by-step last night/15 Feb. I'd discovered this site and Version 2.7 just two days previously, while exploring how to deal with 3 alarms of Win32/Agent.QT made by Version 2.5 while I was moving WinRAR archives around....

Anyway, I downloaded, uninstalled 2.5, then installed and updated 2.7. Then later I followed the 'Extra settings' brief and ran a deep scan. No reported issues.

This morning I tried to forward a BBC newsfeed page to a friend, and was prevented. Some details copied below. I'm wondering if certain of the 2.7 extra settings need adjustment, and what/how? Switches inserted are as below.....

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi bilbobaggins, welcome to Wilders

Just happens to be a coincidence, as NOD32 would not prevent such. I just tried your link and it fails to display.

Cheers :D

3. bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins Registered Member

Many thanks for that reassurance. Sheeesh! I feel a leet'l like Sir Edmund Hillary, standing at the first Base Camp, and looking up 20,000 feet at Everest.

But I've just discovered your 'Security - Where do I start' link ( in tiny, tiny letters, but thank you ) and wonder if you wouldn't mind me letting others know of it? :thumb:

BB

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

It is a good guide, and no worries, tell away...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.