'Extra settings' and download failure

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bilbobaggins, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins Registered Member

I'm very grateful to Blackspear and others for the 'extra settings' guidance, which I implemented step-by-step last night/15 Feb. I'd discovered this site and Version 2.7 just two days previously, while exploring how to deal with 3 alarms of Win32/Agent.QT made by Version 2.5 while I was moving WinRAR archives around....

Anyway, I downloaded, uninstalled 2.5, then installed and updated 2.7. Then later I followed the 'Extra settings' brief and ran a deep scan. No reported issues.

This morning I tried to forward a BBC newsfeed page to a friend, and was prevented. Some details copied below. I'm wondering if certain of the 2.7 extra settings need adjustment, and what/how? Switches inserted are as below.....

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi bilbobaggins, welcome to Wilders

Just happens to be a coincidence, as NOD32 would not prevent such. I just tried your link and it fails to display.

Cheers :D

3. bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins Registered Member

Many thanks for that reassurance. Sheeesh! I feel a leet'l like Sir Edmund Hillary, standing at the first Base Camp, and looking up 20,000 feet at Everest.

But I've just discovered your 'Security - Where do I start' link ( in tiny, tiny letters, but thank you ) and wonder if you wouldn't mind me letting others know of it? :thumb:

BB

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

It is a good guide, and no worries, tell away...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.