extra disk that doesn't exist HFS+ 9

Discussion in 'HFS for Windows' started by mistaknly, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistaknly

mistaknly Registered Member

I installed HFS+9 on W7 x86 sp1.

I was trying to reassign drive letters in Disk Manager. on an external USB drive which has one HFS partition and one exFat partition.

I reassigned the Mac partition to drive "M" from drive "G". It didn't really work so I exited Disk Manager and rebooted and found that I had both M & G. So I disconnected the USB drive and found that I had a "local disk M" with zero size (doesn't exist). When I reboot I have both G and M pointing at the same volume!

So I uninstalled HFS+ and then drive "M" disappeared. I then reinstalled HFS+ and instead of "M" I have a default "removable" drive "G" (with nothing plugged in). When I plug in a usb drive the "G" drive moves up to "H" and the usb becomes "G".

On access to "H" (or "G" when nothing else is plugged in) from explorer you get the message:

"""""""
    H:\ refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, then try again. If it still can't be located, the information might have been moved to another location.
    """"""""

I searched and found lots of threads about Office leaving a default drive "Q" but this isn't that issue. This happened while installing and configureing Paragon HFS+.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.