ExtFS for Windows - playing nice with FreeOTFE?

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by MoPac, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoPac

MoPac Registered Member

Hello,

I am very pleased that this full ext4 write utility is now available, but unfortunately it has one apparent drawback that is keeping me from using it. I want to check here whether it's something with an easy solution I'm missing or perhaps something that can be added into an update.

The issue is with how the Paragon Ext program is reading which disks are present. I can't mount the partition directly because it is a LUKS container, and Paragon's program can't handle the decryption. This shouldn't be a problem because FreeOTFE can do the decryption, and it mounts the plaintext transparently as a drive with whatever letter I select.

Unfortunately, ExtFS for Windows can't seem to recognize the presence of that virtual drive, regardless of whether it is mounted as a fixed or removable disk.

Is there any way to allow users of encrypted Linux volumes to take advantage of this new ability to write to ext4?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.