Extfs for Mac corrupts Linux partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by MadCityGeoff, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadCityGeoff

MadCityGeoff Registered Member

Here's a copy of the message I sent to Paragon support. Can anybody here help?

I'm running a triple-boot system with Mac OSX Mountain Lion, Ubuntu Linux Saucy, and Windows 8. Everything works fine except that when I boot into OSX it doesn't recognize the Linux partitions and gives me an error message that says "The disk you inserted was not readable".

I installed your product Extfs for Mac to solve this problem. The error message goes away and I can see the Linux partitions from OSX. Unfortunately, when I try to boot into Linux, it crashes and reports a file system error. It gives me the option to fix the error, which I take. At that point, Linux works properly until the next time I try to boot OSX, when Linux crashes again.

I had to uninstall Extfs for Mac to solve this error and make Linux boot properly.

Is there a way to make your product work correctly without corrupting Linux?

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.