External USB HDD and TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by flemse, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flemse

flemse Guest

The problems is;

1.I unplug my NoteBook HDD and connect it according a USB(2.x) to my main PC.
    2.Then I fire up Acronis TI and read the USB-HDD to my dump storage, no problems with this task.
    3.Now I connect a brand new HDD to the USB(2.x) interface and put the dump image back to this HDD.
    4.After this task I got a new HDD I can read all the data on it via the USB connection.

5.I unplug the HDD and mount it in my notebook; but it dosent BOOTo_O
    6.After BIOS chect the cursor only blinking in upper left corner and nothing happened??
    7.I have tried 2 different Notebook pc same result?

Regards
    Flemse.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Flemse,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please note that the image you have created is not bootable. If you can mount and read data from it it only means the image is normal and is not corrupted. You need to restore the image to the new disk.

If the problem persists please send the description of your actions to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Flemse

Flemse Guest

According to my point 5, 6, and 7 I restore the image to the new HDD; but is dosent boot...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Flemse,

Please make sure you have created and then restored the image of the whole hard disk. Also please make sure the disk is available in BIOS and is set as the first boot device.

Am I right that you are trying to transfer the system to another hard disk to use it in the same notebook?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.