external HD problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by twolfson, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twolfson

twolfson Registered Member

I can create images from my laptop hard drive, save and restore them to and from my USB hard drive when I am working from within WinXP, but if I boot from the rescue media diskette I CANNOT access the USB hard drive at all.
    WHY?
    What good is this product if I can't save images to a separate hard drive?

Acronis trueimage 8, purchased today 4/21/05

Terry Wolfson

2. Euser

Euser Registered Member

You will need to email support and request the BART's PE plugin and then build the bootable windows environment. Check out Ultimate Boot CD for Windows . This is a well known problem that many users have experienced and has to do with the Acronis bootable cd that uses a linux environment that doesn't support many external hard drives or enclosures.

Good Luck... I know what you are going through... Been there, done that....

3. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

twolfson, getting TI to recognize external USB/FireWire disks can be ... tricky.

Have you tried removing any non-essential USB devices? Cameras, WLAN, BlueTooth, etc.

Have you tried switching of the USB disk while True Image boots, and switch it back on once the splash screen have been displayed?

Tried move the disk behind an USB hub?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Terry,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create sysinfo.txt file in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please plug and turn on the external disk when creating the sysinfo.txt)? Also please include the full model name of your external disk to the letter. This will allow us to investigate the problem and provide you with the possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. twolfson

I can't create a sysinfo.txt file because I'm getting an error message after the line "mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir" possibly because the floppy drive is also a USB device.

I am using trueimage build 826.

The HD is a WD600 Caviar IDE, 60 gig unit (model# WD600BB-00CAA1) in a Saba high speed USB 2.0 enclosure.

Twolfson

6. Acronis Support

Hello twolfson,

Could you please boot from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please issue the following command:

sysinfo

Please write down the output after this command, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to us. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. After that please send these shots to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. twolfson

8. Acronis Support

Dear Terry,

I have contacted Marian and she is investigating this problem. I am sure this issue will be solved soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. Euser

Euser Registered Member

Uh... I take it you ignored my first post which gave you the solution to your problem.

10. twolfson

I've tried to let Acronis support guide me to a soloution but it sems all they want to do is ignore me and hope I'll go away.
    It's been 7 days since the last time they contacted me when they said they would review my problem and get back to me.

WHENo_O? :mad:
    terry

11. Acronis Support

Hello twolfson,

Please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

12. twolfson

Irina;
    I haven't received an autoreply message.
    Apparently you're having trouble sending mail to my verizon account, so I've opened a Yahoo account and changed my member profile to that account.
    I think my Acronis request number is 228298. Please try sending something to me to verify my request #.
    Terry

13. Acronis Support

Hello Terry,

Marian has received your letters and will answer you soon. I am really sorry for the delay with her response. Our Development Team is investigatng the problem and as soon as the fix is found we will certainly let you know.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.