external dvd+rw drive not being seen

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Artie K, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artie K

Artie K Registered Member

I've installed True Image 8 and wold like to be able to use my external dvd+rw drive (HP dvd writer)_ for creating bootable recovery cd's (or dvd's). Unfortunately, the drive does not show up as an option. I've u8nistalled and reinstalled, but to no avail.

In addition, I've tried to use my other (internal) CD burner, but have been getting error messges indicating problems burig t that drive as well. i am running Windows XP SP2l; and have Roxio's Easy media Creator versiojn 7 with drag to disk running.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

2. bunyip

bunyip Guest

Hi,

I am suffering the same problem. Win XP SP2 Using ULead on a Pioneer DVR-107BKSW DVR -/+ R/RW. Cannot write image to DVD R/W DVD R or CD. Very frustrating after laying down the hard earned.

Sent details to support but am not holding my breath.

3. Mikaela

Mikaela Guest

I´m having problems with TI on a internal dvdrw, it works with cds but when I try to burn directly to a dvd+rw it fails.

Running ti 8.0768

4. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

From windows, can you drag and drop files onto your DVD drive?
    If no, then Acronis TrueImage will not be able to write directly to DVD either.

Either way, the perferred method is to image your HD first, and then author a standard DVD. (Rather than mess with the packet writing stuff required for direct-to-DVD burning)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.