External Disk filling up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bikini_Browser, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bikini_Browser

Bikini_Browser Registered Member

Hello folks!

I am considering buying Windows Server Echo Version. I want to know how to schedule a backup that won't eventually fill up the external hard drive? Is there a way for Acronis to over write the oldest images and keep on backing up my server without user intervention?

If your going to say to use Full disk Backups, then I want to save as many as I can until the drive fills up.

Also, if I use Differential backups, how do I know which was the origional Full disk Image and which image is the latest one to use? I don't understand the file naming convention that Acronis uses.

Bikini Browser
    San Juan Puerto Rico

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bikini_Browser,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

For automatic management of archives with Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows we may suggest you to use Acronis Secure Zone. It will automatically delete old archives once full. Please see chapters 3.3 "Acronis Secure Zone" and 8 "Managing the Acronis Secure Zone" of Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows User's Guide for detailed explanations and instructions.

The original full backup will have the name you have assigned to it. All differential backups created with that full backup as a base will have the same name with a number added at the end. Also, when you open any of archives in chain, you will be presented with a list of dates and times to restore to, stored in that chain.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.