Exterminate It!--(anyone tried this?)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JimIT, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Being a regular member clicking in and out here daily, and reading ,absorbing so much tech info regularly, I can immediately point out few flaws of this app from a non-tech perspective. No intention to pour ice cold water over it thou.,

(1) merely a AV/AS scanner, a non-live real time follower. A low grade of AV application.

(2) to guard/protect against KNOWN threats only, still depends upon users' feedbacks to add suspicious ones. Moreover, if there are UNKOWN threats, uses have to wait next database updates for rescue, often it is too late by then.

(3) does not reveal how GREAT its scanner is, how effective its mechanism is, how unique its methodology is.

(4) with these yesterday's tech features, it still asks $$$. It really makes all other top-rated free AV--such as Avast, Antivir etc feel so proud and stand tall.

P.S. I have not attempted to test it yet. After reading its web site, I just lost my entire appetite.

Of course, other members may have different views, I will respect them.

Take care.

3. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

What engine is it? You simply can't believe it catches 94%, that could just be on 1 test. My thought is that "live protection" is still very important. Better then nothing. Not everything will breach the security holes. It seems like a degraded AV with less specs asking for money to me...

4. cdr

cdr Registered Member

;) I don't think I would give it much credence. When you go to their website and click on "About Us," all it says is they are a group of people who are passionate about what they do--no clue as to who they are, their backgrounds, etc. It just asserts they are knowledgeable and expects us to believe it. Looks like a very newly-formed company to me. At least, that's the impression I get. But, who knows how they will develop... :)

5. Diver

Diver Registered Member

You can add Clam and Bitdefender free to the list of free AV's with on demand only scanning.

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

people who try unknown software, possibly rogue are the people that will run into problems.

7. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Add to it, the FAQ is poorly worded and sounds unprofessional. Little things like that annoy me to no end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.