Extension problems & Chrome 6.0.472.53

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Has anyone had any problems with their extensions on Chrome after the 6.0.472.53 update? I have noticed that occasionally one of them won't work (it can change which actual extension) until I close & re-open the browser. I have tried a clean install & uninstalling then re-installing *certain extensions but it seems sporadic & most of the time is OK. :(

*Google Dictionary, Ghostery, Gmail Checker & Google Similar Pages.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I can't tell you about the rest, but Ghostery ended up strangling Chrome more often than not during my experience. Get anywhere near Google Images with that thing on Chrome and you'll be wanting to knock yourself out, out of mercy.

3. Daveski17

They were all working fine until the update. I was wondering if something had gone wrong with my update or if it is a bit of a bug as Google have altered the GUI a tad.

I knew it was too good to last & they would fork it up somehow! Thank fork for SRWare Iron LOL!

4. Daveski17

After some trial & error I have come to the conclusion that the extension problem has something to do with the limited RAM that I have. I have uninstalled SiteAdvisor for Chrome (I have WOT) which was always a bit sluggish (it disappeared a couple of times with this new update) & all seems to be well in Chromeville ... for now ... :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.