Extendia vs AVK12

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by saxofun, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saxofun

saxofun Registered Member

Could Anyone tell me what is the difference between AntivirusKit 12 and Extendia AVK Pro please?
    I know that they are using quite the same engines, but is one more trustable/performant than the other?

2. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Extendia (prior to version 2004) is rebadged AVK 11 version. From my experience AVK 12 runs much better and smoother then v.11.

Hope it helps

tECHNODROME

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

The extendia security suite has just droped their price to $19 http://www.extendia.com/SecuritySuite.htm

also in earlier threads it is mentioned that one runs with Kaspersky and bitdefender
    the other with kaspersky and Rav

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=20527
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=21073

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

$19.00 is a heck of a buy for that whole suite, If I needed an av I would jump on that ;)

5. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Is this the version that you currently have Bigc? how is it on the system , is it light ?.

6. bigc73542

My extendia avk pro is not the suite I have the kav and rav engine av only. If the suite would have been on sale I would have purchased it instead. :D It runs pretty light but I don't notice the useage due to a pretty fast processor and a lot of ram so I might not be the best to ask how it pulls on your system. But I don't believe that it is bad at all on resources.

7. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

I have used eXtendia AV, (single-engine) and it ran quite smooth. It is the v.11 version of KAV, and from trialing the English AVK, it seems virtually identical. Updates are very smooth, regular, and no-hassle. Scheduled scans come off without a hitch. Real impressed with it. The e-mail plug-in I have tested with Outlook and OE 6, and it performed flawlessly. Not using it now, but it's definitely worth a look.

FWIW! *puppy*

8. bigc73542

extendia avk and avk pro both reconized my eudora mail on install and automatically protected it and scans all mail on download before it hits my comp. It works pretty slick.

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

In case you run a non-standard email client, you'll have to perform some tweaking though ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.