ext2/ext3 partitions

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by razibus, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razibus

razibus Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using Partition Manager 10.0 Pro. Each time I try to use the volume explorer on ext2/ext3 partitions, the application crashes. I did not find any workaround for the moment, so i'm waiting for a patch... :(

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hi Razibus,

Check if you have any empty memory card readers attached. If they're internal, first try by disabling the device in Device Manager. Test by using the File Transfer Wizard found under left pane menu Tools and change the source to "Physical Partitions" .

3. razibus

Some details : Currently I'm under windows 7. Before I was using Hard Disk Manager 2009 Pro under vista and I didn't have any problem with ext2. My HDD is connected in the sata port of an expresscard on my computer.

I have a memory card reader which I can disable. No time to test your ideas at the moment because I need to reinstall it. Indeed, it looks like there is compatibility issue with perfect disk 10. :(

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Keep us posted Razibus. We'll be happy to help when you have time.

5. razibus

Ok so firstly when I assigned a letter to the HDD, a message appears :
    "it is recommended to disable the garbage for Ext2Fs partitions"
    What does that mean?

Secondly I tried to disable smart card reader => nothing changed

Thirdly I tried with the File Transfer Wizard => it does not see any file and nothing works

In the volume explorer it can see that there is 101go on the HDD. If I try to see the files on it, it freezes and then no program response.

So as I expected, no workaround works at this time... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.