Exposed to risk

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rubifibi, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rubifibi

rubifibi Registered Member

Is there any way i can turn off notification "Your system is exposed to risk.blahblah"?

I don't want to keep all the parts of the ESS turned on all the time. I just want the firewall and do my manual scan from time to time. I disabled alerts, I disabled "notifications on desktop", disabled "balloon tips in taskbar" and it still pops up on my desktop making that ugly warning sound while i'm listening to the music or watching TV. The way I have to combat ESS for a control is just irritating, I would change suite but competition sux :)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you use another antivirus solution that you want to keep certain modules disabled? By disabling the web/email protection and real-time modules as well as the startup scanner, you expose your computer at risk. We strongly recommend not doing that unless you have another antivirus solution installed concurrently.

3. rubifibi

No, I don't have any other antivirus solution :)

With respect, I'm pretty confident I can evaluate risks on my own but if I'm wrong I promise I won't come here to whine when monsters from e-mail/web eat my computer :)

Maybe ESS firewall isn't functional without some of the modules? I saw horrible scores it got on firewall tests, but those were mostly leakage tests presuming malware is already on the computer, which again is no concern of mine.

So unless there's some problem with firewall blocking ports, and manual scan finding viruses, I just want to ask for your help in turning the darn notification off :)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try disabling the web/email scanners in the main setup. However, as I said, this will expose your computer at risk as some threats may slip through and infect your computer.

5. rubifibi

I did disable them, that's why I get the notification :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.