Exploring Image on CDs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amalcom, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amalcom

amalcom Registered Member

Hello All,

I would like to explore my image on CD (I do not have enough room to copy all 17 CDs to a subdirectory on my hard drive, but I have seen that work before).

I put in my last CD (the 17th) and it sees it and then asks to assign a drive letter to it. The next screen comes up confirming the selection and then asks me to press on the "Proceed" button. I do so and then it says it is starting to do that but then I get another window (ERROR) that says "Cannot assign a drive letter to the image archive."

Is this the norm for a single CD (the last of the set), meaning a multiple CD set cannot be mounted without copying them to the hard drive first, or is it possible my other CD software is interfering (Easy CD Creator)?

Thanks in advance!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Amalcom

At this point in time TI is unable to mount/explore an image that has been split across multiple disks. I'm afraid there is no way around it other than to copy all the .tib files into one folder on the hard drive.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.