Exploit Prevention Labs is about to release LinkScanner Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by gerardwil, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/8422/linkscanfx8.gif

Gerard

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  2. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

Hi Gererdwill, do you know if there will be a fee for current users to upgrade?

Other than the Expanded Threat Protection (whatever that is) the others can be covered by using SiteAdvisor and LinkScanner.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

OK.How do we upgrade to LinkScanner Pro from ScoketShield ? A little more protection is always welcomed.

4. muf

muf Registered Member

Well I received an e-mail about the new product. But they state that it is Beta and they welcome feedback if you decide to try it. So they are wanting to use current SocketShield customers as Guinnea pigs it appears. I decided a long time ago that I never use my main pc for Beta testing. I'll wait until it goes full release.

muf

5. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

I have never used Socketshield, but I have used the online LinkScanner at the Socketshield website. Not having used the installed program, I can't speak for it, but the online scan link seems fairly useless. I have scanned known exploit sites and file downloads with LinkScanner, and it has given every one a clean bill of health. Not good. It could be that the installed version works better than the online scan link, but thus far it's link-checking abilities don't give me much confidence in the product.

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

On the other hand it blocks exploits on my gf's machine on a fairly regular basis. It's proven quite useful here, even if not a complete solution in itself.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

LinkScanner Pro

Is anyone testing the beta of LinkScanner Pro (ScoketShield) Wondering how it is as i am not crazy about testing betas but am tempted to do so.

8. gerardwil

Re: LinkScanner Pro

I am running LS Pro without problems. After uninstalling XPL, restart and installing LSP + restart you might need to correct the network configuration within NOD32.

Gerard

Attached Files:

• LSP.gif
      LSP.gif
      File size:
      16.1 KB
      Views:
  9. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I uninstalled the regular Socketshield and installed LinkScanner Pro without problems. It even picked up my registration info and transfered the key by itself. Haven't seen anything blocked so far so don't know how it will react.

dja2k

10. gerardwil

In the mean time beta 2 is available. Testers should receive an email with the link. This time I installed over the top of beta 1 without problems.

Gerard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.