Expanding Partition on a Mirrored volume

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by darishr, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darishr

darishr Registered Member

Hi there,

I have a windows 2003 Server (WEB Edition) that is on a Dual Intel Xeon Server. It has two 70GB SCSI disks that is mirrored. It is partitioned as follows:
    Primary Partition: Service Partition (FAT)
    Primary Partition: System (NTFS - C: )

Extended Partition
    Logical Drive: Data (NTFS D: )
    Logical Drive: Page (NTFS E: )
    Logical Drive: Temp (NTFS F: )

Primary Partition: Recovery (G: )

I would like to delete the E, F and G partition and add the free space to the D partition. I have successfully done this on a test server, however I ran into a strange issue and was hoping for some clarification before I ran this process on our 50 web servers.

When I boot up with Acronis Disk Director CD and go into manual mode. I see three disks. Disk 1, Disk 2 and Disk 3. The partion drive letters do not match what I see in Windows. My question is on which drive must I make the change. As it was my test server, I did it on disk 1, 2 and 3. When I commited my changes, it failed on disk3, however on reboot it took the change (the D drive was expanded). I tested again and only made the change on the 3rd drive, this also worked.

Am I to assume that Disk 1 and Disk 2 displayed within Disk Director is the physical disks and disk 3 is the Mirrored View. Where do I make my change only on Disk 3 or on Disk 1 and Disk 2.

Thank you,
    Darish R

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Darish,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Cloning and System Transferring Software.

First of all please make sure that you use the latest build, you can update your copy of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 to the 549 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

We recommend you to run Acronis program under Windows. Could you please also created Acronis report (please see Acronis post for the detailed instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Please note, that if you want to use Acronis Disk Director Suite on 50 web servers, you should buy additional licenses, because the number of licenses you have should be not less than the number of computers where Acronis Disk Director Suite is installed.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.