Exiting frozen mode in Toolwiz Timefreeze

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Firebytes, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

One of my relatives uses Toolwiz Time Freeze on Windows 8 and has a question which I can't answer since I use Returnil instead and I don't have Windows 8. I was hoping someone on here could help.

To exit frozen mode in Time Freeze he can click on "Turn off protection and drop all changes", this reboots the computer. He wants to be able to turn off protection, drop all changes, shut down the computer, and then boot it up later when he chooses to do so. He has tried simply shutting off the computer using the shut down function in Windows but when he boots up again frozen mode is still active. This is all without him having the option to start frozen mode when Windows starts selected. Is this a bug in the program or designed functionality? If it is normal then it seems quite a design flaw to me to force users to reboot again immediately to exit frozen mode if all you want to do is shut down and stop using the computer since it will get booted again eventually anyway.

2. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Turn off fast start-up in Windows 8. The default Shutdown in Windows 8 is actually just logging-off and then hibernate, thus not exiting frozen mode.

3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Thanks so much for your help Kupo. I have been informed that your suggestion fixed the issue.

4. littleturle

littleturle Registered Member

Here is the same post I made:

I just contacted James with email. He said this new TTF has a completely new engine and it can support exclution folder/file and also it is much more stable and effective than the old version. You can not feel the slow or something when using it.

But with this new engine, you can not exit the Time Freeze on the fly, if you want to keep this feature, you can use the Toolwiz Care, it still include the old engine which allow u to Enter/Quit the Time freeze mode OTF.

He told me that This new version has been used in more 1 M PCs, before it is only be supplied as a free SDK for the market.

You can just restart your PC, the default mode is drop all the changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.