Exit Code: 207

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by koshthetrekkie, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koshthetrekkie

koshthetrekkie Registered Member

Hi,

I have created a default package in the Remote Administrator and have successfully push installed a number of clients. I have also password protected the settings in the client configuration.

My problem occurs when I try to remotely uninstall Nod32 from the clients. I have included the /PWD=mypassword option in the installer package however I am still getting the exit code 207 when i try to remotely uninstall.

RA is on win2003Server and all clients are XP SP2 on our domain. Can someone please help me as this is driving me nuts?:'(

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps you used a wrong password. Try pushing a configuration to the clients that will set a blank password before you run remote uninstallation.

3. koshthetrekkie

Nope I'm using the correct password. I have manually uninstalled the client (using the exact same password) and created the installation package again with the same password and still get exit code 207 when i try to remotely uninstall.

I don't want to have to go down the route of push installing a new configuration with a blank password just to be able to uninstall. Most of our clients are external to the offices and waiting times for pushing configurations can be quite long.

If anybody has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.:'(

4. koshthetrekkie

Hi,

Has anybody got any idea what the problem might be. I've been at this for 2 days now and still no closer to figuring it out.

If i set any password in the config xml settings and use the same password, e.g. /PWD=mypassword, in the command line path of the package, I am unable to do a remote uninstall. Removing the password from the config file and sending it to the client then allows me to do a remote uninstall.

Can anyone save me from going o_O

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That's what Monday's are for :D and even tho it might not help....this past thread alludes to what has already been said and appears to confirm what you found :doubt:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  6. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hello koshthetrekkie:

It may well be that the quotes were left out from encompassing the password.

e.g. /PWD="mypassword"

7. koshthetrekkie

Sorry the link you posted doesnt work for me.

Also i've tried many different passwords and with and without the double quotes. Still no luck i'm afraid.:'(

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Sorry....it should now :blink:

9. koshthetrekkie

Thanks. Yeah i found that post before but couldnt see any resolution to my issue.:'(

10. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Have you tried pushing a config with a blank password first?
    It should only take a second, at least it will then work.

Cheers :)

11. koshthetrekkie

Yeah this does work but is annoying to have to do for remote users.

Anyway I've found what the problem was thanks to rumpstah. I had not actually set the correct password paramters in the Uninstall package properly. I was behaving like an idiot and was using the install package to uninstall.

I have had my head slapped many times now. :D

Thanks for everyones help though.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.