ExecutionProtection and Windows Startup

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Guzz, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guzz

Guzz Registered Member

I installed ExecutionProtection and as I read here that I have to keep tds-3.exe opened in order to make it work, I need some help to configure my TDS to Run at Windows Startup.
    I clicked on "configuration" button and checked the following boxes:

Initialisation:
    - boost tds token privileges, load plugins, load radius system, load radius extensions

Startup Scanning:
    I unchecked all, because I want to save time in my windows startup, so when necessary I'll run a scan manually.

Minimize TDS to: Windows System tray

Run at Windows Startup: Yes

Startup State: minimised

Even though it runs at windows startup, its interface window appears in the centre of the desktop. I wonder if is it possible to run TDS minimized to the system tray ? (so it wont bother at windows startup)
    Is there any other option that I can uncheck in order to make its initialization and consequently windows initialization faster ?
    If I keep tds.exe opened and the box "automatic database updates" checked, can I just forget about updating and let it update the database in the background ?

Thanks !!!

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Guzz

No, that is how it Initializes and [and starts Execution Protection], you can uncheck Run at Windows Start-up and click on the Icon to start it manualy if you like. [but it will still have to Initialize]

It updates on Mondays and Friday if set on Automatic.

Take Care,
    theQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.