ExecutionProtection and Windows Startup

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Guzz, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guzz

Guzz Registered Member

I installed ExecutionProtection and as I read here that I have to keep tds-3.exe opened in order to make it work, I need some help to configure my TDS to Run at Windows Startup.
    I clicked on "configuration" button and checked the following boxes:

Initialisation:
    - boost tds token privileges, load plugins, load radius system, load radius extensions

Startup Scanning:
    I unchecked all, because I want to save time in my windows startup, so when necessary I'll run a scan manually.

Minimize TDS to: Windows System tray

Run at Windows Startup: Yes

Startup State: minimised

Even though it runs at windows startup, its interface window appears in the centre of the desktop. I wonder if is it possible to run TDS minimized to the system tray ? (so it wont bother at windows startup)
    Is there any other option that I can uncheck in order to make its initialization and consequently windows initialization faster ?
    If I keep tds.exe opened and the box "automatic database updates" checked, can I just forget about updating and let it update the database in the background ?

Thanks !!!

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Guzz

No, that is how it Initializes and [and starts Execution Protection], you can uncheck Run at Windows Start-up and click on the Icon to start it manualy if you like. [but it will still have to Initialize]

It updates on Mondays and Friday if set on Automatic.

Take Care,
    theQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.