Executable Lockdown ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I don't know why it says freeware ? as it's $49 on here - http://www.horizondatasys.com/169602.ihtml

But even better it's £23.42 on here - https://horizondatasys.cleverbridge.com/281/?scope=checkout&cart=27478 - and that is the latest v10.1.0.238 = 9.56 MB

I didn't upload it to http://virscan.org as i expect it to be fine from the source ;)

The reason i included the qarchive.org info was to show the extensions it supposedly protects against, including .DLL

I found a previous version that again it's says freeware ?

Uploaded it to http://virscan.org Scanner results : Scanners did not find malware!

I've DL'd both and intend to install to see if they are actually free, and how they perform.

I'd like to hear about anyones experiences with any of the above, and are ANY of the stated freeware versions actually free ?

TIA

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

is it any goodo_O

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

It's been 1/2 years since i tried it. It was bypassed by simply renaming process explorer to .bat at the time. I think it was fixed, but i don't know if it's good.
    There is a member, Chris, who is familiar with the program and the company, but i haven't seen him post lately.

5. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

The free version I tried about a year ago was garbage on my laptop.

6. CloneRanger

@ Pedro

Thanks for the URLVoid heads up :)

How could it be bypassed by simply renaming process explorer to .bat ?

See below :D

@ Greg S

Can you be more specific ?

Enabled ShadowDefender and installed v5.0.0.0 It briefly popped up a message saying it had installed a CPL control panel ? and then disappeared. A reboot was not required. I could find NO folder/files in Program Files or User etc etc, or on Start or a desktop shortcut etc ? Did a search for ExeLockdown and found a folder/files in here ?

el1.gif el2.gif

How strange ! Even stranger when i launched a new app to test it, Nothing happend and the app was allowed to run perfectly ? None of the expected ExeLockdown files in the above locations would run when i tried ?

Either the app is borked, just crap or ?

I then tried installing v10.1.0.238 but that requires a licence code, of which there is no mention on their www ? so that was that ! I expected it would be a trial version, but apparently not.

So ends my very brief foray into the ExeLockdown experience.

7. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

The best I remember, You have to enable it from the Control Panel by adding or replacing a default password which was briefly shown during the installation. I had system crashes with it whilst using the Control Panel applet.

8. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

How i don't know, but it was. It didn't intercept the execution in that case, at that time.

9. CloneRanger

@ Greg S

Sorry i missed your earlier post :( Thanks :thumb:

@ Pedro

OK Thanks :thumb:

10. SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR Registered Member

agree i tried it like months ago ...most files run without any restrict :ouch:
    and as i know ...it was never freeware :blink:

there was an update before that one you mention @CR it was much better than old one but as i remember still not that good one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.