Exclusions

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Fiery_WA, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiery_WA

Fiery_WA Registered Member

Gday

When I first installed ESET it found a trojan in Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\42\561d6c2a-2db4e05a, put it in quarantine. I ended up restoring it and adding it to the exclusions.

I have since updated my java, and now I do not know if it is related or not, my firefox will no longer play nice with hotmail.

I have cleared the cookies, cleaned out the Private Data, and Recent History. Uninstalled both Firefox and Java, and reinstalled them both.

The odd thing is my husbands PC which does not have ESET, but MSE is still able to access hotmail using firefox with the latest Java.

I have also turned off ESET's firewall to see if that made a difference.

I have even gone so far as to use Paragon to roll back my OS to a date when firefox and hotmail worked. Still no joy.

I have also checked the java console to ensure firefox is allowed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Restoring potential malware from quarantine and excluding it from scanning is not a good idea at all unless you're 100% positive that it's actually FP.

You can try uninstalling ESS just for a while to test if ESS is actually involved somehow in the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.