exclusions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by driftalong, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driftalong

driftalong Registered Member

Hey all. Is there any way to exclude certain folders from being scanned?
    Thanx.

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Hi Driftalong,

Here's a good thread. I believe it is still applicable.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16851

Regards
    Optigrab

3. driftalong

Thanx optigrab. I probably should have been more thorough with my question. When doing a full system scan, can a particular folder be excluded? Reading those threads, it appears that NOD cannot be configured to do that. I did try to enter the folder path into AMON exclusions, but I believe that doesn't alter the the way NOD scans. Correct?
    TIA. :D

4. NewNOD

NewNOD Guest

driftalong
    Correct on all counts:

1. Selecting "Scanning Targets" is an Add target or Delete target (all or nothing) proposition. You can't add a target (Say C: drive) and then exclude a sub of that target (say C:\Program Files\). In order to exclude a folder that was a sub on a drive, you would have to select (add) all other subdirectories on the drive individually, skipping the one you didn't want. That would be unworkable in most situations, unless you only had very few folders to work with.

2. AMON exclusions don't have any bearing on NOD32 on-demand scans.

5. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Thanks NewNOD. I think the later posts from Marcos on the thread I provided also covered point (1) and maybe inferred point (2). ;)

6. driftalong

Thanx guys. No real hassle, NOD keeps generating an error when it gets to my Spybot recovery folder. Was hoping to just set it to ignore.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Driftalong,
    1./ do you have the most current version installed? (supposingly you do)
    2./ does the problem persist when you exclude archives from scanning? (this option can be turned on/off in NOD32 scanner setup)
    3./ does the problem occur if you scan only this particular directory?
    4./ if the folder is not too large would it be possible that you send all files within to support@nod32.com?

8. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Marcos,

If it is any help. The Spybot recovery folders are password protected, which is why NOD gives the error IMO.

Regards,

Pieter

9. driftalong

Thats what the error says, password protected.
    Marcos. Current version installed. Turned off 'scan within archives' & problem goes away. Pieter_Arntz has hit the nail on the head I think.
    It was for this reason I was hoping to exclude the particular folder from the scan.
    If you still want the files could you please post again. Probably not necessary now though as it would be because the files are password protected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.