Exclusions not work?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by webgate, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webgate

webgate Registered Member

Hello,
    i set Exclusions, for example D:\*.log
    but in the "Antivirus and antispyware protection" and "Real time file system protection" logs,log files continue to be scanned.
    Windows 2003 server.The server rebooted after changes.
    What is wrong??

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

How do you know that log files are actually scanned? Have you tried renaming eicar.com to eicar.log with real-time protection (RTP) disabled and subsequently scan it with the on-demand scanner or RTP enabled?

3. webgate

I did as sugessted.
    still scanned...
    i use 4.0.467.0 version.

4. Marcos

You wrote "still scanned", but can you confirm this by renaming eicar.com to eicar.log? Is eicar.log still detected in spite of being excluded? Are you getting an alert like this? If not, then files with log extension are not scanned.

Attached Files:

5. webgate

ecar.log not scanned...
    i'm little confuse , "Antivirus and antispyware protection" and "Real time file system protection" show log files scanned.
    This is overload my server so i seek the way to exclude *.log files from scan.

6. Marcos

Files that appear in the statistics window are accessed by the operating system or another application, but are not necessarily scanned. It helps to troubleshoot issues if you see all files that are accessed for whatever reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.